Uncontrolled Diabetes can damage your nerves. If you have damaged nerves in your legs and feet, you might not feel heat, cold or pain there. This lack of feeling is called ‘’ Sensory Diabetic Neuropathy’.
Tips to prevent or Delay Nerve Damage.
- Keep your blood pressure below 140/90 mm Hg.
- Get Regular Physical Activity.
- Lose Weight if you are Overweight.
- Limit or avoid Alcohol.
- Stop Smoking or don’t start.
- Follow a healthy eating plan.
- Keep your Blood sugar level in control.
- Take medicine as prescribed by your doctor.